Greetings! Though our physical office is closed for the time being, rest assured that academic advisors Keshia Atkins (right) and Anna Ivy (left), with the help of office administrator Nancy Rahn, will continue to offer a full range of virtual advising services and that we will do our very best to support you. You can connect with us in one or both of the following ways:
- You can email us your questions and concerns, and we will email you back. If you have an established relationship with a particular advisor and would like to email her directly you may, or you can email firstname.lastname@example.org in which case Anna, Keshia, and Nancy will all see your message and the first person available (and equipped) to reply will do so.
- If you want to communicate with an advisor in real time, please schedule an appointment (phone or zoom, your choice) by calling the office at 217-333-4346 between 9:00 and noon or between 1:00 and 4:00 (note that we do not schedule appointments via email). If you have to leave a message, please include your name, UIN, the reason for the appointment, and your preferred advisor (if any). Someone will get back to you as soon as possible.
To learn about the academic adjustments for Spring 2021 (temporary policy changes that affect how/when you might be able to drop a course or elect to take it for credit as opposed to a letter grade) please visit this LAS student resource page.
- Visit our blog (which includes a weekly round-up of events, activities, and resources)
- Check out the Kanna Podcasts
- Get involved in departmental activities
- Explore campus resources (tools for managing your degree and supports for when you're struggling)
- Follow us on Facebook (illinoisenglish) and Instagram (@illinoisenglish and @cwillinois)
- Meet some current students and recent graduates
English Building, Room 200
608 S. Wright Street
Urbana IL 61801