After referring to the Application Requirements, use this checklist to confirm a complete application to the Department of English's Graduate Studies Program:
- Application submitted online.
- All unoffical transcripts (undergraduate and graduate) uploaded to online application.
- GRE scores (General Only) electronically from ETS. For the 2020-2021 application season, the English Department is not requiring the GRE general test, and such scores will not be considered by the readers of applications in their deliberations.
- TOEFL iBT and or TOEFL PBT scores (if applicable) electronically from ETS.
- Three letters of recommendation mailed or uploaded to online application.
- Statement of Purpose (300-500 words) uploaded to online application.
- Writing sample(s) uploaded to online application. One (1) writing sample for an application to the MA Program; Two (2) writing samples for the PhD Program. Writings samples should be 15-20 double-spaced pages.
- A program description (PhD applicants only) upload to online application or e-mail it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
*NOTE: Applicants do not need to mail hard copies of materials uploaded to their online application.
University of Illinois, 210 English
608 S. Wright Street
Urbana, IL 61801
Applications must be submitted by 12 noon (CST) December 1.
Supporting Material must be received in our office December 1.
For admission information, please contact: 217-244-1464 or e-mail at email@example.com