After referring to the Application Requirements, use this checklist to confirm a complete application to the Department of English's Graduate Studies Program:
- Application submitted online.
- All unofficial transcripts (undergraduate and graduate) uploaded to online application.
- GRE scores (General Only) electronically from ETS. For the 2023-2024 application season, the English Department is not requiring the GRE general test, but students can choose to submit their scores.
- TOEFL iBT and or TOEFL PBT scores (if applicable) electronically from ETS.
- Three letters of recommendation mailed or uploaded to online application.
- Academic Statement. Uploaded to online application.
- Personal Statements. Uploaded to online application.
- Writing sample(s) uploaded to online application. One (1) writing sample for an application to the MA Program; Two (2) writing samples for the PhD Program. Writings samples should be 15-20 double-spaced pages.
*NOTE: Applicants do not need to mail hard copies of materials uploaded to their online application.
University of Illinois, 210 English
608 S. Wright Street
Urbana, IL 61801
Applications must be submitted by 12 noon (CST) December 1.
Supporting Material must be received in our office by December 1.
For admission information, please call 217-300-5918 or e-mail the Grad Studies program.