Postcolonialism, Postcolonial Ecocriticism, Diaspora Literature, World Literature, Literary and Cultural Theory
- M.A., English (Literary Studies), Eastern Illinois University
- M.A., English, University of Rajshahi
- B. A. (Honors), English, University of Rajshahi
Awards and Honors
2019 U of Illinois English Department Fellowship to attend the Institute for World Literature at Harvard University
2019 Best Graduate Student Conference Paper (SALA Conference, 2019)
2016 Outstanding M. A. Thesis in English, Eastern Illinois University
2016 Distinguished Graduate Student, Eastern Illinois University
ENGL 285: Postcolonial Literature in English
ENGL 213: Modernism and Modernity
ENGL 109: Introduction to Fiction
RHET 105: Writing and Research
Additional Campus Affiliations
Unit for Criticism and Interpretive Theory
- “Toxic Grace? Tahmima Anam’s The Bones of Grace and the Pollution Trade.” Journal of Postcolonial Writing, vol. 58, no. 6, 2022, pp. 773-786.
- "Muslims in Diaspora: Negotiating Identity in Nadeem Aslam’s Maps for Lost Lovers." South Asian Review, vol. 42, no. 1, 2021, pp. 94-108.
- "Sarah Waters’s Affinity: A Séance of the Sexual Subaltern.” Praxis, vol. 7, 2015, pp. 69-81. (ISSN 2225-8078)
- “Islam, Terrorism and Bangladesh: Reading Adib Khan’s Spiral Road.” Praxis, vol. 5, 2013, pp. 16-32. (ISSN 2225-8078)
“'Postcolonial Theory, Sort of, Not Really, Maybe Not at All': Shona Jackson on Postcolonial Theory and Indigenous Labor in the Caribbean." Kritik, UIUC Unit for Criticism, 1 November 2018, https://unitforcriticism.wordpress.com/2018/11/01/postcolonial-theory-a….