Global Modernism; Magic & the Occult; Critical Theory; Asian American Studies; Critical Ethnic Studies; Digital Humanities; Intellectual History; the Literary Critic
MA University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
Awards and Honors
Ruth Schurman Brookens Graduate Award for the teaching of first year writing (Spring 2021)
Instructor of Record
- RHET 101: Principles of Writing
- RHET 102: Principles of Research
- RHET 105: Writing and Research
- ENGL 109: Introduction to Fiction, Advanced Composition
- ENGL 213: Global Modernist Literature and Culture
- AAS 100: Introduction to Asian American Studies
Additional Campus Affiliations
- Department of Asian American Studies
- Unit for Criticism and Interpretive Theory
- Cowritten with Ted Underwood and David Bamman. "The Transformation of Gender in English Language Fiction." Cultural Analytics, 13 Feb. 2018. DOI: 10.22148/16.019.
"Reflections on the School of Criticism and Theory, Summer 2021." Unit for Criticism and Interpretive Theory. 2021.
"Localizing Planetarity." Kritik, 27 Apr. 2021. Unit for Criticism and Interpretive Theory.
"Structuralism's Promise and Peril." Kritik, 22 Sept. 2020. Unit for Criticism and Interpretive Theory.
"Creative and Collaborative: Trying out Careers in Publishing." GradLIFE Blog, 17 Jun. 2019. UIUC Graduate College.
Transcription, translation, and explication of Marcel Proust's letter to Jacques Hébertot (31 Jan. 1917). "Proust and the Great War (Part 2)," edited by François Proulx. UIUC RBML Non Solus Blog, 19 Feb. 2018.