608 S Wright St.
Urbana, IL 61801
- Nineteenth Century American Literature, Book History, and Print Culture
- Transgender and Queer Studies
- MA English Literature, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, 2018
- MA Gender & Women's Studies, University of Wisconsin-Madison, 2016
- BFA School of the Art Institute of Chicago, 2001
2019 President's Diversity in Research Travel Award
2019 Caxton Club Scholarship, Rare Book School - University of Virginia
2016-17 Kirkpatrick Fellow
Awards and Honors
2020 College of Liberal Arts & Sciences Award for Excellence in Teaching
2020 Tulane University Purchase Price, College Book Arts Association Members' Juried Exhibition
2020 College Book Arts Association Student Member Prize, CBAA Members' Juried Exhibition
2019 English Department Undergraduate Teaching Award
- ENG 121: Introduction to Comics [in Theory and Practice]
- ENG 250: Nineteenth Century American Fiction [Bodies, Books, Genders, and Genres]
- RHET 105: Research and Writing
As Teaching Assistant:
- ENG 255: Early American Literature and Culture
- GWS 202: Sexualities
Additional Campus Affiliations
Gender & Women's Studies (Queer Studies Minor)
Unit for Criticism & Interpretive Theory
- "Transgender and Trans Health 101." Women’s Health: Readings on Social, Economic, and Political Issues. Ed. Cabell H. Gathman. Dubuque, IA: Kendall-Hunt Publishing, 2016. 81-87.
- ""Calling [herself] Eleanor": Gender Labor and Becoming a Woman in the Rykener Case." Medieval Feminist Forum: A Journal of Gender and Sexuality 55, no. 1 (2019) : 249-266.
- "'You deciphered me and now I am hard to read': How the Body is a Book." Library Trends 64.4 (2016): 741-755.
- "Cis, or Cisgender." Global Encyclopedia of Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, and Queer (LGBTQ) History. Farmington Hills, MI: Charles Scribner's Sons, 2019.