608 S Wright St.
Urbana, IL 61801
- Nineteenth Century American Literature, Book History, and Print Culture
- Transgender and Queer Studies
- Comics Studies
- MA English Literature, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, 2018
- MA Gender & Women's Studies, University of Wisconsin-Madison, 2016
- BFA School of the Art Institute of Chicago, 2001
2019 President's Diversity in Research Travel Award
2016-17 Kirkpatrick Fellow
- ENG 121: Introduction to Comics: in Theory and Practice (Instructor)
- ENG 250: Nineteenth Century American Fiction [Bodies, Books, Genders, and Genres] (Instructor)
- ENG 255: Early American Literature and Culture (Teaching Assistant)
- GWS 202: Sexualities (Teaching Assistant)
- RHET 105: Research and Writing (Instructor)
Additional Campus Affiliations
Gender & Women's Studies (Queer Studies Minor)
Unit for Criticism & Interpretive Theory
- "Transgender and Trans Health 101." Women’s Health: Readings on Social, Economic, and Political Issues. Ed. Cabell H. Gathman. Dubuque, IA: Kendall-Hunt Publishing, 2016. 81-87.
- ""Calling [herself] Eleanor": Gender Labor and Becoming a Woman in the Rykener Case." Medieval Feminist Forum: A Journal of Gender and Sexuality 55, no. 1 (2019) : 249-266.
- "'You deciphered me and now I am hard to read': How the Body is a Book." Library Trends 64.4 (2016): 741-755.
- "Cis, or Cisgender." Global Encyclopedia of Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, and Queer (LGBTQ) History. Farmington Hills, MI: Charles Scribner's Sons, 2019.