Film/Visual Culture, Documentary Cinema, Postcolonial Criticism, Gender/Sexuality Studies, Asian American Studies, Philippine Studies
- Ph.D. in Radio/Television/Film, Northwestern University
- M.A. in Radio/Television/Film (Film Production), Northwestern University
Film/Visual Culture, Post-colonial, Theory & Criticism, Gender/Sexuality Studies
- Documentary Film and Video
- American Documentary
- Film Historiography,Cultures of US Imperialism
- American Independent Cinema
- Survey of International Cinema I
- American Cinema Since 1950, Spike Lee, Martin Scorsese
- Introduction to Film
- Proseminar in the Teaching of Film
Additional Campus Affiliations
Associate Professor, Gender and Women's Studies
Associate Professor, Asian American Studies
Associate Professor, Media and Cinema Studies
Capino, J. B. (2020). Martial Law Melodrama: Lino Brocka’s Cinema Politics. University of California Press.
Capino, J. B. (2019). Filipinos at the Border: Migrant Workers in Transnational Philippine Cinema. In Border Cinema: Reimagining Identity through Aesthetics (pp. 195). Rutgers University Press.
Capino, J. B. (2016). Figures of Empire: American Documentaries in the Philippines. In I. Aitken, & C. Deprez (Eds.), The Colonial Documentary Film in South and South-East Asia (pp. 79-104). Edinburgh: Edinburgh University Press. https://doi.org/10.3366/edinburgh/9781474407205.003.0005
Capino, J. B. (2014). Domestic Helper. In J. Barker, E. Harms, & J. Lindquist (Eds.), Figures of Southeast Asian Modernity (pp. 23-25). Honolulu: University of Hawai'i Press.
Capino, J. B. (2014). Manila, in the Claws of Neon/Maynila, Sa mga Kuko ng Liwanag. In J. White, S. Barrow, & S. Haenni (Eds.), The Routledge Encyclopedia of Films Abingdon, OX: Routledge.